Quick, Bruce D.
Bruce concentrates his practice in criminal defense. He received his undergraduate degree in 1975 from North Dakota State University and graduated with distinction from the University of North Dakota Law School in 1978.
Before joining the firm in 1989, Bruce spent several years as a prosecutor in the State's Attorney's office, Cass County, North Dakota, and as First Assistant Attorney General in the North Dakota Attorney General's office. His experience includes numerous jury trials and appeals in state and federal courts.
Bruce is a frequent speaker at seminars and meetings for lawyers, law enforcement and political subdivisions, and he organized a criminal defense section of the State Bar Association of North Dakota. He teaches at North Dakota State University and Concordia College and has written many articles and a book on criminal law. Bruce has also taught criminal trial advocacy and criminal procedure at the University of North Dakota Law School.
Bruce is an active member of Hope Lutheran Church, ShareHouse, Inc., and former chairman of the North Dakota Horse Racing Commission. His wife, Roberta, sells real estate at Park Company. Bruce and Roberta have three children, Robert, Mitchell and Anna. Robert practices criminal defense law in Bismarck, North Dakota.
- Criminal Defense
Honors and Distinctions
- Great Plains Super Lawyer®, Thomson/Reuters
- The Best Lawyers in America," in Bet-the Company Litigation, Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: Non-White Collar, Criminal Defense: White Collar, and DUI/DWI Defense, Woodward/White
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated from Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in North America
- Selected Best Attorney in "Best Of the Red River Valley", The Forum of Fargo Moorhead
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1985
- Minnesota, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1993
- Cass County Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association