Weir, H. Patrick Jr.
Pat Weir is a managing partner and leads the Vogel Law Firm's wrongful death and personal injury practice group. For more than 25 years, Pat has represented only those individuals and families who have suffered serious or fatal injuries as a result of another's conduct. In the course of his career, Pat has secured millions of dollars in verdicts and out-of-court settlements for his clients' personal injury, wrongful death, and product liability claims.
While Pat's practice is primarily focused in North Dakota and Minnesota, he has also represented clients in other states such as South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Illinois, Arizona, and North Carolina. Pat is also a frequent participant in mediations and arbitrations throughout the country.
Pat received his undergraduate degree in 1985 from the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota, and is a 1989 graduate of the University of Denver, College of Law. He is a past adjunct professor of litigation at Minnesota State University - Moorhead, Minnesota, and currently mentors pre-law students at the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota.
He and his wife have four grown children and to the extent he is able, Pat continues to enjoy his ever diminishing ability to play hockey, golf, and downhill ski. Family and faith are important parts of Pat's life.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation and results secured in the past and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case, as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Mass Torts
- Civil Litigation
Honors and Distinctions
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, The Trial Law Institute
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1997
- Cass County Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- North Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association
- Adjunct Professor of Litigation, Minnesota State University – Moorhead, Minnesota
- Mentor- Pre-Law Students College of St Scholastica Duluth, MN
- Tort Law Desk Reference, A Fifty-State Compendium, (North Dakota)