Brakke, Jon R.
Jon joined the firm in 1979 after earning a bachelor of arts degree from Northwestern University and graduating cum laude from the Law School of the University of Minnesota.
He practices mainly in commercial, secured transactions, business, debtor/creditor and bankruptcy law. Jon is licensed to practice in the state and federal courts of Minnesota and North Dakota, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
When not in the office, Jon can frequently be found working on (or under) his 1999 Mazda Miata, which he races throughout the Midwest in the Sports Car Club of America's EP class.
- Commercial Litigation
- Creditor / Debtor / Collection Representation & Litigation
- Secured Transaction Documentation, Representation & Litigation
- Bankruptcy Representation and Litigation
- Business Representation & Litigation
Honors and Distinctions
- "The Best Lawyers in America," in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Woodward/White
- Great Plains Super Lawyer®, Thomson/Reuters
- Best Lawyer 2014 Fargo Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Band 1, the highest ranking, as a Leading North Dakota Bankruptcy/Restructuring Attorney by Chambers USA
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota, 1979
- Minnesota, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar Association of Minnesota
- Cass County Bar Association