Manly, Robert G.
Rob Manly is a litigation attorney with an active trial practice handling a wide variety of disputes throughout North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Rob's areas of concentration include personal injury claims, trust and estate litigation, contract disputes and agricultural-related litigation.
Rob has been with the law firm since 2001, and currently serves as the firm's President. He served as chair of the firm's recruiting committee from 2007 to 2015. He gained substantial trial experience as a criminal prosecutor prior to joining the firm. During his time with Vogel, Rob has handled numerous trials to successful conclusion, and more than a dozen appeals before the North Dakota Supreme Court and the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
A native of New Rockford, North Dakota, Rob resides in Fargo with his wife Julie and three children. He is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the University of North Dakota School of Law. Rob is active in his community, coaching and serving on a board promoting youth basketball in north Fargo, and has been on the Board of Directors for Legal Services of North Dakota (a non-profit entity providing legal services to the indigent) since 1999.
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Estate Planning and Probate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Benchmark Litigation, Rising Star
- Great Plains Super Lawyers, Thomson/Reuters
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota, 1997
- Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2005
- Cass County Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- North Dakota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Oakland v. Bowman, 840 N.W.2d 88, 2013, N.D.
- Hill v. Lindner, 769 N.W.2d 427, 2009, N.D.
- Schossow v. First Nat. Ins. Co. of America, 730 N.W.2d 556, 2007, Minn.Ct.App.
- Criminal Procedure- Evidence: Defining the Exclusionary Rule in the Information Age, 72 North Dakota Law Review, Vol. 1, 1996
- Board of Directors, Legal Services of North Dakota, 1999