Vogel Law Firm, one of North Dakota’s premier law firms with more than 45 attorneys, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer responsible for the administrative operations of the firm and development of business strategies in consultation with the firm’s management committee.
Vogel’s lawyers practice in virtually all areas of law. Over the past fifteen years, Vogel has expanded from its Fargo roots by establishing offices in Bismarck, Moorhead, Minneapolis, and Grand Forks. Vogel is committed to continuing its tradition of providing the best legal services to its clients, while adapting to the demands of our dynamic regional economy. As North Dakota and western Minnesota continue to grow, Vogel will continue to recruit the best lawyers, law students, paralegals, administrative assistants and operations team members to assure a promising future for the law firm.
One of Vogel’s most attractive attributes is the emphasis on work-life balance. Vogel encourages family and community involvement, marketing and pro bono work experience. Our attorneys’ profiles underscore this point. Among our attorneys, you will find those who run marathons, competitively race cars, teach classes at undergraduate, graduate schools and law schools, win community service awards, are nominated for area Woman of the Year, serve on boards, are Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and take vacations. We not only talk about work-life balance, we live it.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) serves at the direction of the Management Committee, and reports directly to the President and Management Committee. His or her job, either directly or through subordinates, where available, is to:
- Oversee and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the firm’s finances, staff, technology and facilities;
- Attend and participate in all director, committee and Management Committee meetings;
- Assure that the members of the firm’s management are furnished with timely and accurate information and resources necessary to support all strategic and operating functions, taking full part in the discussion, decision-making, and execution of strategic initiatives;
- Assure that every lawyer has an appropriate level of staff, information technology and other support to develop and enhance the practice of the firm effectively and efficiently; and
- Ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed by all attorneys and staff, including directors, and where appropriate, make suggested changes or additions to such policies and procedures.
- A strategic and visionary leader, with the ability to lead dynamic teams, proactively envisions future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- A confident networker and inﬂuencer who eﬀectively fosters formal and informal relationships outside the organization by serving as a community builder and networker who works from the outside in, leveraging exceptional interpersonal skills and approaches to deal with a variety of stakeholders.
- Action-oriented and comfortable embracing new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Highly collaborative, with a proven record of accomplishment in building partnerships and fostering collaboration with a professional community to meet shared objectives, in addition to sourcing and deploying resources (board, volunteers, partners, staﬀ) eﬀectively and efficiently while anticipating the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- A strong communicator who has proven success developing and delivering multi-modal communications that convey a clear message while promoting the mission of the organization.
- Financially savvy, with a keen understanding of key financial indicators and the highest standards of fiscal accounting, controls and best practices to make better business decisions.
- Vision and purpose with a history of painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy of an organization and motivating others to action.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Candidates are expected to have excellent leadership skills and a strong business background. Experience managing professional corporations preferred.
Vogel offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits including paid time off, health insurance, long-term disability, group life insurance, and firm contributions to HSA, 401(k) and Money Purchase Pension Plan after meeting eligibility requirements. The firm also offers voluntary benefits including dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term care and additional life insurance.
Application must include cover letter, resume and professional references directed by email to:
Vogel Law Firm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 30, 2021