Protecting The Rights Of Employers In Employment Law Disputes
- Health care
- Long-term care facilities
- Retail and service establishments
- Food and beverage wholesaling
- Banking and lending
- Hospitality (hotel and motel)
- Municipal and county governments
- School districts
Our mission is to understand our clients’ industries and provide them with practical advice to solve their legal and business needs based on our knowledge and experience in the labor and employer defense field.
Employers’ Cases That We Handle
We routinely provide representation to employers in cases involving:
- Human resources counseling and risk reduction: We advise employers on all aspects of personnel matters, including benefits, hiring, firing, reductions in force, economic layoffs, affirmative action compliance and plans, contract interpretation, FMLA issues, use of independent contractors and leased employees, federal and state discrimination, medical leave, and wage and hour laws.
- Workforce training: Working with the employer, our attorneys provide in-house training for employees and management teams regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and workplace violence. We provide up-to-date training and advice on these and other critical employment law issues that are routinely evolving.
- Discrimination: We counsel our employer clients regarding Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) claims, sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims and disability claims.
- Labor union disputes: We represent employers regarding all aspects of National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) petitions and elections, unfair labor practices claims, arbitrations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Regulatory compliance: We guide our clients through all issues surrounding workers’ compensation claims, unemployment compensation claims and OSHA violation and compliance issues that employers often face.
- Document preparation and drafting: We advise and draft employment manuals, employment policies, employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
Talk To Our Employer-Trusted Attorneys Today
For more information on the legal services that we provide to employers throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and the surrounding region, get in touch with our firm today. Call us at 866-771-9930 or contact us online now.
Recent Employer Defense Blogs
Did you know... The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) allows certain employers to claim tax credits that reimburse them for the cost to provide paid leave to employees to receive or recover from COVID-19 vaccinations. Employers with fewer than 500 employees are...
The North Dakota Employer’s Blog: The U.S. Department of Labor Makes Announcement on the Independent Contractor Rule
Did you know... The U.S. Department of Labor announced today that it is withdrawing the “Independent Contractor Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act” (FLSA) final rule issued under the previous administration on January 6, 2021. As anticipated, the new...
The North Dakota Employer’s Blog: What passed and what failed? Highlights from the 2021 N.D. Legislative Session
On January 5, 2021, the North Dakota Legislature convened for its 67th Legislative Assembly. Several employment-related bills reached the floor for debate, some of which passed and some of which failed. Read on to find out more about the most notable...