Protecting The Rights Of Employers In Employment Law Disputes
- Health care
- Long-term care facilities
- Retail and service establishments
- Food and beverage wholesaling
- Banking and lending
- Hospitality (hotel and motel)
- Municipal and county governments
- School districts
Our mission is to understand our clients’ industries and provide them with practical advice to solve their legal and business needs based on our knowledge and experience in the labor and employer defense field.
Employers’ Cases That We Handle
We routinely provide representation to employers in cases involving:
- Human resources counseling and risk reduction: We advise employers on all aspects of personnel matters, including benefits, hiring, firing, reductions in force, economic layoffs, affirmative action compliance and plans, contract interpretation, FMLA issues, use of independent contractors and leased employees, federal and state discrimination, medical leave, and wage and hour laws.
- Workforce training: Working with the employer, our attorneys provide in-house training for employees and management teams regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and workplace violence. We provide up-to-date training and advice on these and other critical employment law issues that are routinely evolving.
- Discrimination: We counsel our employer clients regarding Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) claims, sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims and disability claims.
- Labor union disputes: We represent employers regarding all aspects of National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) petitions and elections, unfair labor practices claims, arbitrations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Regulatory compliance: We guide our clients through all issues surrounding workers’ compensation claims, unemployment compensation claims and OSHA violation and compliance issues that employers often face.
- Document preparation and drafting: We advise and draft employment manuals, employment policies, employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
Talk To Our Employer-Trusted Attorneys Today
For more information on the legal services that we provide to employers throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and the surrounding region, get in touch with our firm today. Call us at 866-771-9930 or contact us online now.
Recent Employer Defense Blogs
In our previous blog (Supreme Court Blocks OSHA ETS But Upholds CMS Vaccine Mandate), we updated you on the United States Supreme Court’s upholding of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (“CMS”) rule, requiring all staff for certain Medicare-certified...
On January 7, 2022, the United States Supreme Court heard arguments on two COVID-19 related federal vaccine or test mandates. Those arguments centered on whether the Court should enjoin the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (“OSHA”) Emergency...
On December 17, 2021, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an opinion, dissolving the stay on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s emergency temporary standard (ETS) for large employers. What does this mean? This means OSHA’s ETS rule, requiring...