Protecting The Rights Of Employers In Employment Law Disputes
- Health care
- Long-term care facilities
- Retail and service establishments
- Food and beverage wholesaling
- Banking and lending
- Hospitality (hotel and motel)
- Municipal and county governments
- School districts
Our mission is to understand our clients’ industries and provide them with practical advice to solve their legal and business needs based on our knowledge and experience in the labor and employer defense field.
Employers’ Cases That We Handle
We routinely provide representation to employers in cases involving:
- Human resources counseling and risk reduction: We advise employers on all aspects of personnel matters, including benefits, hiring, firing, reductions in force, economic layoffs, affirmative action compliance and plans, contract interpretation, FMLA issues, use of independent contractors and leased employees, federal and state discrimination, medical leave, and wage and hour laws.
- Workforce training: Working with the employer, our attorneys provide in-house training for employees and management teams regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and workplace violence. We provide up-to-date training and advice on these and other critical employment law issues that are routinely evolving.
- Discrimination: We counsel our employer clients regarding Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) claims, sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims and disability claims.
- Labor union disputes: We represent employers regarding all aspects of National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) petitions and elections, unfair labor practices claims, arbitrations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Regulatory compliance: We guide our clients through all issues surrounding workers’ compensation claims, unemployment compensation claims and OSHA violation and compliance issues that employers often face.
- Document preparation and drafting: We advise and draft employment manuals, employment policies, employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
Talk To Our Employer-Trusted Attorneys Today
For more information on the legal services that we provide to employers throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and the surrounding region, get in touch with our firm today. Call us at 866-771-9930 or contact us online now.
Recent Employer Defense Blogs
Did you know… The North Dakota Legislature reconvened last week after its mid-session break better known as “crossover.” House bills are now being considered by the Senate and Senate bills by the House. The House and Senate heard a number of employment related bills...
The North Dakota Employer’s Blog: Fargo Mask Mandate and Employer Immunity from COVID-19 Related Civil Liability
Did you know . . . On February 17, the City of Fargo extended its mask mandate through at least March 22. For employers located in Fargo, this mandate means that face coverings are still required in all indoor workplaces, unless an individual is exempt, such as for...
Two bills before the North Dakota House of Representatives inspired by the COVID-19 pandemic were recently defeated. House Bill 1204 proposed an exemption to mask mandates in the workplace for medical or religious reasons, unless the employer determined wearing a mask...