Brenda L. Blazer
Brenda practices in our Bismarck office in the areas of medical malpractice defense, personal injury, and insurance defense. She graduated from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 1984, where she was on the Moot Court Board, inducted into the Order of Barristers, and received an Outstanding Service Award from the Legal Aid Association. Prior to attending law school, Brenda worked as a paramedic on a hospital-owned ambulance service.
Brenda represents physicians, dentists, nurses, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care professionals in the defense of medical malpractice actions and professional board matters. She also advises health care clients on risk management issues. Brenda defends insureds involved in automobile, homeowner, and commercial litigation.
With three grown sons and six grandchildren, Brenda enjoys spending time with family, reading and traveling. She is also an avid angler and a member of the Whopper Club.
Honors and Distinctions
- “The Best Lawyers in America,” in Medical Malpractice-Defendants, Woodward/White (2009-2021)
- Great Plains Super Lawyer®, Thomson/Reuters (2011-2021)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Band 1, the highest ranking, as a leading North Dakota Medical Negligence Attorney by Chambers USA
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in North America (2018)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Judge Bruce M. Van Sickle American Inn of Court
- Defense Lawyers Association
- North Dakota and Big Muddy Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Bismarck Rotary Club
- State Disciplinary Board
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- United States District Court, District of North Dakota
- United States District Court, District of South Dakota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
EXPERIENCE THE VOGEL LAW FIRM DIFFERENCE
Quality legal service starts with contacting us. Call 800-677-5024 or submit the form to request a consultation.