Employer Defense & Labor Law
Vogel Law Firm‘s labor and employer defense attorneys provide comprehensive services in this technical area of the law. Our attorneys routinely appear before all federal and state agencies in North Dakota and Minnesota, representing a variety of business sectors and entities, including:
- Health care
- Long-term care facilities
- Retail and service establishments
- Food and beverage wholesaling
- Banking and lending
- Hospitality (hotel and motel)
- Municipal and county governments
- School districts
Our mission is to understand our clients’ industries and provide them with practical advice to solve their legal and business needs based on our knowledge and experience in the labor and employer defense field.
We routinely handle cases involving:
- Human resources counseling and risk reduction: We advise employers on all aspects of personnel matters, including benefits, issues regarding hiring, firing, reductions in force, economic layoffs, affirmative action compliance and plans, contract interpretation, FMLA issues, use of independent contractors and leased employees, federal and state discrimination, medical leave, and wage and hour laws.
- Workforce training: Our attorneys provide in-house training for employees and management teams regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and workplace violence. We provide up-to-date training and advice on these and other critical employment law issues that are routinely evolving.
- Discrimination: We counsel our clients regarding EEO claims, sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims and disability claims.
- Labor union disputes: We represent clients regarding all aspects of NLRB petitions and elections, unfair labor practices claims, arbitrations, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Regulatory compliance: We guide our clients through all issues surrounding workers’ compensation claims, unemployment compensation claims, and OSHA violation and compliance issues.
- Document preparation and drafting: We advise and draft employment manuals, employment policies, employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.