H. Patrick Weir Jr.
Pat Weir is a senior partner and leads the Vogel Law Firm’s wrongful death and personal injury practice groups. For more than 32 years, Pat has represented only those individuals and families who have suffered serious or fatal injuries because of another’s conduct. During his career, Pat has secured millions of dollars in verdicts and out-of-court settlements for his clients’ personal injury, wrongful death, and product liability claims. *
While Pat practices primarily in North Dakota and Minnesota, he has also represented clients throughout the Unites States including South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Illinois, Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina. Pat received his undergraduate degree in 1985 from the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota, and is a 1989 graduate of the University of Denver – College of Law. He is also a past adjunct professor of litigation at Minnesota State University – Moorhead, Minnesota.
He and his wife have four grown children, and he enjoys spending time with his family and grandchildren, playing hockey, downhill skiing, reading, and golfing.
Honors and Distinctions
Over the years, as an attorney who represents individuals and families who have been injured or lost a loved one as the result of another’s conduct, Pat has been privileged to receive national recognition from his peers. Below is a partial list of some of those Honors:
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2011-2022)
- Named as a “Lawyer of the Year – Personal Injury” by The Best Lawyers in America (2014, 2015, 2021)
- Listed in Great Plains Super Lawyers (Plaintiff’s Personal Injury) (2012-2023)
- Named a Litigation Star – Benchmark Litigation (2010-2022)
- Listed as a Star Litigator, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, Chambers USA (2012-2022)
- Listed in Minnesota’s Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation, Minnesota Monthly Business Magazine
- Listed in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” (2015-2022)
- Listed in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers” (2022-2023)
- Listed in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 25 Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers” (2022-2023)
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation and results secured in the past and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case, as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
- Cass County Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Tort Law Desk Reference, A Fifty-State Compendium, (North Dakota)
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1997
EXPERIENCE THE VOGEL LAW FIRM DIFFERENCE
Quality legal service starts with contacting us. Call 800-677-5024 or submit the form to request a consultation.