Vogel Law Firm is now hiring for our new IT Manager / Systems Engineer position! If you have experience with management and support of the cloud and on-premises infrastructure, we want you to apply. The IT Manager / Systems Engineer will utilize tools to ensure the infrastructure and business applications are operating at peak performance.
We are looking for someone to help drive our success as a prestigious law firm in North Dakota and Minnesota. If you’re looking to continue a successful career as an IT Manager / Systems Engineer, apply today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze complex business needs presented by Vogel Law Firm and recommend technical solutions leveraging cloud resources in a hybrid (cloud and on-premises) environment.
- Assist in Transitioning the Vogel Law Firm technical infrastructure from an on-premises-focused environment to a cloud-focused environment.
- Take a “security first” approach in design and implementation of network infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain a multi-faceted security approach to the network infrastructure.
- Keeping the Vogel Law Firm infrastructure current and up to date with industry best practices (e.g., System lifecycle planning and maintenance).
- Exercise sound judgment during problem resolution to minimize total user impact.
- Work closely with Vogel Law Firm’s Managed Services Provider (MSP) to effectively maintain and support our entire IT infrastructure.
- Maintain close contact with primary cloud and hardware vendors regarding problem resolution, system, and software updates.
- Continuously work to improve the stability and performance of the Vogel Law Firm’s technical infrastructure.
- Lead IT project teams with key users and firm management.
- Support the cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Assist Vogel Law Firm’s selected MSP to monitor infrastructure for performance, capacity, and uptime to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Analyze information from monitoring software and make recommendations based on the data.
- Responsible for the configuration of reporting tools used in the monitoring of cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Analyze IT infrastructure requirements for new/upgraded business applications and recommended appropriate cloud and on-premises solutions that meet Vogel Law Firm’s needs.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution for both on-premises and cloud resources.
- Assist in the testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
- Develop system backup procedures for the applications assigned to them.
- Protect infrastructure and data by developing reasonable system security codes, procedures, and access privileges.
- Participate in activities that lead to personal and professional development and growth, while staying abreast of the rapidly changing technology. Activities include participation in training classes, self-study programs, seminars, trade magazines and vendor presentations, Microsoft Certification, and training on cloud resources, hardware, and software.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Position is based out of Fargo, ND with routine travel to other offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALITIES
- Experience with law or professional services firms preferred.
- Experience in LAN/WAN topologies and network infrastructure.
- Extensive experience managing cloud-based infrastructure and environments (i.e., Office 365, Salesforce, AWS, etc.).
- Proficient in cloud computing architecture.
- Experience managing outside service providers (Managed Services, Network Service Providers, etc.).
- Experience with thin-client and virtual desktop technologies.
- Preference for experience including, but not limited to, the following technologies:
- SQL Database maintenance, support, and management
- Windows Server 2012 and newer
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2016 / Office 365
- Axcient360 Backup and Recovery
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Possess the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical skills to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Self-organized – follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other people to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Creativity and forward-thinking when resolving issues and designing solutions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking or related field or equivalent work experience in a related field with applicable certifications.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in IT required.
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification preferred.
Send application materials to:
Rebecca Blanshan, SHRM-CP
Vogel Law Firm
All applications and inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer