Diane is a shareholder in Bismarck concentrating on estate planning, trust and estate administration and litigation, real property, and energy matters. Diane is experienced with complex probate and real property issues and negotiations with energy producers on behalf of surface and mineral owners. She assists clients navigating a range of land use and development opportunities in negotiating contracts, leases, and easements. Diane has experience with Federal Indian law including land and mineral ownership and estate planning involving Indian trust lands.
Diane received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Carroll College in Helena, Montana. She graduated with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law and was inducted into the Order of the Barristers and Order of the Coif in recognition of advocacy, service, and academic excellence.
Diane lives in Mandan, ND with her family.
Honors and Distinctions
- Great Plains Super Lawyers, Thomson/Reuters (2023)
- Great Plains Rising Stars®, Thomson/Reuters (2015 – 2021)
- “The Best Lawyers in America; Ones to Watch,“ In Commercial Litigation, Oil and Gas Law, and Real Estate Law, Woodward/White, 2024
- SBAND Lawyer Assistance Program Committee (Chairperson)
- Western Dakota Estate Planning Council
Admitted to Practice
- North Dakota
- Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation Tribal Court (Three Affiliated Tribes)